The Hunter-Central Rivers Catchment Management Authority (CMA) is supporting local communities to better understand and manage our region's natural resources. The CMA receives funding from the NSW and Australian governments to invest in regional projects and programs in line with the Hunter-Central Rivers Catchment Action Plan, the NSW State Plan, and the Australian Government's Caring for our Country program. The CMA is working in partnership with individual landholders, urban residents, local government, landcare and community groups, Aboriginal communities, industry groups and other agencies to deliver on ground actions to improve the resilience of our region's unique landscapes.
Experienced and qualified CMA staff are available to provide specialist advice on:
- managing native vegetation, including grazing management and the development of Property Vegetation Plans (PVPs);
- protecting and enhancing riparian areas (rivers, wetlands, lakes);
- monitoring and remediating saline areas;
- improving soil health and rehabilitating eroded gullies;
- sustainable agriculture;
- restoring coastal, estuarine and marine areas; and
- improving the knowledge and capactity of local communities to participate in natural resource management.
If you have a natural resource issue in your catchment or a project you need help with please contact the CMA,
816 Tocal Road (Private Bag 2010) Paterson NSW 2421
Phone: (02) 4930 1030
Fax: (02) 4930 1013